If you don’t need and never use this button, you can make it go away. Below are the steps to achieve so.
1. Go to the Settings page of VS Code:
- Windows: File > Preferences > Settings (hotkeys: Ctrl + ,)
- Mac: Code > Preferences > Settings (hotkeys: Command + ,)
If you go back to your package.json, you’ll no longer see the Debug button (if you want to bring it back, go to step 2 and select “top” from the dropdown):
That’s it. Further reading:
- VS Code: How to Open File in New Tab (Keep the Current File)
- VS Code: How to Pin/Unpin a File (2 Approaches)
- VS Code: Opening Multiple Windows/Projects Simultaneously
- VS Code: Customizing the Bottom Status Bar
- VS Code: How to Disable/Enable Suggestions on Hover
You can also check out our Visual Studio Code topic page for more tips and tricks to improve your producibility and coding experience.