VS Code: Hide/Show the Debug button in package.json
If you don’t need and never use this button, you can make it go away. Below are the steps to achieve so.
1. Go to the Settings page of VS Code:
- Windows: File > Preferences > Settings (hotkeys: Ctrl + ,)
- Mac: Code > Preferences > Settings (hotkeys: Command + ,)
If you go back to your package.json, you’ll no longer see the Debug button (if you want to bring it back, go to step 2 and select “top” from the dropdown):
That’s it. Further reading:
- VS Code: How to Open File in New Tab (Keep the Current File)
- VS Code: How to Pin/Unpin a File (2 Approaches)
- VS Code: Opening Multiple Windows/Projects Simultaneously
- VS Code: Customizing the Bottom Status Bar
- VS Code: How to Disable/Enable Suggestions on Hover
You can also check out our Visual Studio Code topic page for more tips and tricks to improve your producibility and coding experience.