By default, VS Code (Visual Studio Code) will automatically format your code when you save a Dart file. In general, this feature is useful and automatically makes your code cleaner, and has a consistent arrangement. However, there might be cases where this thing doesn’t fit your need. In these situations, you can turn off that format-on-save feature. The steps below will show you how to achieve the goal.
1. Click on “Dart” which locates in the bottom bar of your VS Code window (you need to open a Dart file to see it):
2. Now, you’ll see a list of options. Select “Configure ‘Dart’ language based settings…” from the drop-down:
3. In the settings.json file, change “editor.formatOnSave” from “true” to “false”:
Save the file, and your setup is done.
- Flutter: Reading Bytes from a Network Image
- Dart: Sorting Entries of a Map by Its Values
- Flutter & SQLite: CRUD Example
- Great Plugins to Easily Create Animations in Flutter
- Flutter: ValueListenableBuilder Example
- How to Programmatically Take Screenshots in Flutter