Prevent VS Code from Auto Formatting Flutter/Dart Code
By default, VS Code (Visual Studio Code) will automatically format your code when you save a Dart file. In general, this feature is useful and makes your code cleaner, and has a consistent arrangement. However, there might be cases where this thing doesn’t fit your need. In these situations, you can turn off that format-on-save feature. The steps below will show you how to achieve your goal.
1. Click on “Dart” which locates in the bottom bar of your VS Code window (you need to open a Dart file to see it).
2. Select “Configure ‘Dart’ language based settings…” from the drop-down.
3. In the settings.json file, change “editor.formatOnSave” from “true” to “false”.
Save the file and everything is now done.
- Flutter: Reading Bytes from a Network Image
- Flutter & SQLite: CRUD Example
- Great Plugins to Easily Create Animations in Flutter
- Flutter: ValueListenableBuilder Example
- How to Programmatically Take Screenshots in Flutter