How to toggle Auto Save in VS Code
( 39 Articles)
To turn on or turn off the Auto Save feature in Visual Studio Code, go to File and click on Auto Save from the drop-down menu:
The steps are completely the same in Windows and macOS.
If you want to config the Auto Save behavior deeper, go to:
- Mac: Code > Preferences > Settings
- Windows: File > Preferences > Settings
Search for “auto save” then head to the Files: Auto Save area:
From the drop-down select menu, you can see the following options:
- off: No auto-save at all.
- afterDelay: Your changes will be saved automatically after a delay
- onFocusChange: When the editor loses focus, your code file will be automatically saved.
- onWindowChange: Your changes will be saved automatically when the window loses focus.
Pick an option that suits your needs.
- 2 ways to check your VS Code version
- VS Code: How to Pin/Unpin a File (2 Approaches)
- VS Code: How to Render Whitespace Characters
- VS Code: Opening Multiple Windows/Projects Simultaneously
- VS Code: How to Use Custom Settings for a Project
- Open Android emulator/ iOS simulator using VS Code
You can also check out our Visual Studio Code topic page for more tips and tricks to improve your producibility and coding experience.
View all comments