How to change font size in VS Code
( 21 Articles)
This article shows you 2 ways to increase or decrease the font size in Visual Studio Code (VS Code).
Method 1: Using hotkeys
For macOS users:
- Press “Cmd” + “+” to increase the font size
- Press “Cmd” + “-” to decrease the font size
For Windows users:
- Press “Ctrl” + “+” to increase the font size
- Press “Ctrl” + “-” to decrease the font size
Note: This method change both the code and the UI font size. If you only want to change the code font size and keep the UI font size, check the second method.
1. Launch your VS Code and go to:
- Code > Preferences > Settings if you’re using macOS
- File > Preferences > Settings if you’re using Windows
2. Select Text Editor > Font from the left-hand menu and head to the Font Size section (see the screenshot below).
Enter your font size number into the box. Your change will automatically be saved.
Note: This method doesn’t affect the UI text size.