Flutter: Displaying text that contains special characters
( 295 Articles)
This article shows you 2 ways to display text that contains special characters in Flutter.
1. Escaping every special character
Like many programming languages, you can escape special characters in a Dart string by using “\” (backslash).
body: Center( child: Text('This book costs \$1000', style: TextStyle(fontSize: 30),) )
2. Display text as a raw string
You can create a raw string by prefixing it with “r”.
body: Center( child: Text(r'I gave my son $5 yesterday', style: TextStyle(fontSize: 20),) )
At this point, you should have a better understanding of displaying special characters with the Text widget in Flutter. If you’d like to learn more about Flutter and Dart, take a look at the following articles:
- Adding a Border to Text in Flutter
- Flutter: Stream.periodic example
- Flutter TextField: Styling labelText, hintText, and errorText
- Flutter & Dart: Regular Expression Examples
- Sorting Lists in Dart and Flutter (5 Examples)